Absolutely Amazing Keto Dinner Rolls
Here is another recipe based on the one in the movie Flathead.
Are you experiencing cravings for bread like products? Whether you are a beginning keto dieter or a veteran – we all get these cravings. This is a recipe that will solve your craving.
This recipe came from the Cast Iron Keto blog. You probably can use another pan other than a cast iron frying pan.
The amount of baking powder (4 tbsp) is needed to make the bread rise. You get a nice flatbread when you use a lot less baking powder.
Another tip – chill the dough so that it will keep it's shape and rise up and not out.
You gotta give this recipe a try!
Keto Dinner Rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese (block, not spreadable)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low moisture – part skim)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour (we use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a small pot over low heat melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together.
- Add the melted cheeses to a large bowl along with the baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix until smooth and let stand 10-20 minutes. Roll into 24 balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least another 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a 10″ cast iron skillet
- Place the dough balls into the skillet touching on each side. Bake for 20-25 minutes until fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through.
The featured image came from the source article.
For more info on this great recipe go to the source blog article.
Have no idea what I did incorrectly, but I had a very very soft dough. Not rollable. More like blobs of dough. Waiting to go into the oven as I write this. I’ll let you know how they turn out. One big biscuit??? Lol.