Plain or Crusty — Average To Hero Every Time
I think the best part of this recipe that sets it aside from most other chicken recipe in the zesty parmesan crust on the chicken. Maybe I'm just a Parmesan fan but that crust sure tastes good. The crust is what turns an average cook into something special – a hero in the kitchen.
For a low carb keto dish, this has so much flavor – it's ridiculous!
Does your standard cracker or bread crumb crusts give you much flavor? Not really. But the melted parmesan in this recipe really gives it some zing. In addition to that nice crispy crunch on the outside. The mayonnaise is used to keep the chicken moist. And the bacon sauce on top only adds to the flavor of the chicken. In factcalls it –
“The Trifecta of Tastiness”
Brandie's Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce
10 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes in the oven and your ready to eat.
Ingredients For The Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Ingredients For The Sauce
- 6 slices bacon fried and crumbled (reserve the fat)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel (this will help the topping adhere to the chicken breasts).
- Place chicken breasts onto a baking sheet. Spread a heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise on top of each breast.
- Top each breast with a heaping tablespoon of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes (internal chicken temperature should reach 160f degrees when done).
- When the chicken has about 10 minutes left in the oven, begin the sauce.
- Using a skillet, warm up the reserved bacon fat over med-low heat. Whisk in the heavy cream until combined well.
- Continue whisking until the mixture starts to gently bubble up around the edges of the skillet. Add the sour cream and whisk until smooth. Add parmesan and garlic powder and continue to whisk.
- Stir in half the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- To serve, place one chicken breast on a plate. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken. Top with bacon crumbles.
For a detailed description, the nutrient list and lots of images head on over to The Country Cook.
The featured image was captured from the source article.