11 Benefits Of Rebounding
What is rebounding? It is jumping on a mini trampoline. You may think that’s crazy but once you discover all the different bounces you can do and how effective these exercises are, you are never going to stop doing this kind of exercise.
This is how rebounding works.
When you are jumping up and down every cell in your body is accelerating and decelerating. That makes rebounding unique. No other exercise routine constantly works every cell in your body at once.
One of the studies of this way of exercising found that it helped increase Lymphocyte activity. The bodies lymph system transports immune cells throughout the body, and the up down pumping action supports the immune systems function. that is why rebounding is used as a detoxifying and immune boosting activity.
There are a lot of specialty bounces for targeting many different areas of the body. This video will show you some of them.
Benefits of Rebounding
I mentioned many of these above, but here are the benefits of rebounding without all the science and sources:
- Boosts lymphatic drainage and immune function
- Great for skeletal system and increasing bone mass
- Helps improve digestion
- More than twice as effective as running without the extra stress on the ankles and knees
- Increases endurance on a cellular level by stimulating mitochondrial production (these are responsible for cell energy)
- Helps improve balance by stimulating the vestibule in the middle ear
- Helps improve the effects of other exercise- one study found that those who rebounded for 30 seconds between weight lifting sets saw 25% more improvement after 12 weeks than those who did not.
- Rebounding helps circulate oxygen throughout the body to increase energy.
- Rebounding in a whole body exercise that improves muscle tone throughout the body.
- Some sources claim that the unique motion of rebounding can also help support the thyroid and adrenals.
- Rebounding is fun!
For a lot more info on rebounding go to this source article.
One of the best re-bounders, and workout videos can be found on this site
The featured image was found here.