Chances Are You Are Not Getting Enough Potassium
The video below gives you a look at potassium and the roll it plays in our bodies.
Potassium is the one mineral that your body is not getting enough of. It's called a mineral electrolyte and that means it helps balance fluid within the body. Potassium is critical to blood pressure, fluid retention, and it aids in maintaining proper acid levels in the body. Those are a few of the may things potassium does in your body.
Foods with lots of potassium
- The first food that I recommend you eat are beans. The reason I picked beans is because they are so low-glycemic. They don't have a huge effect on blood sugar. I recommend going with something like a pinto bean, because when it all comes down to it, pinto beans have less of what's called an amylase inhibitor, that amylase inhibitor that is present in a lot of other beans, like black beans, can sometimes inhibit the digestion of protein, so go with a light colored bean.
- Spinach or chard. Super, super rich in potassium, again, about thirty percent of your daily value in just a cup. Here's the cool thing, is if you saute that spinach, that one cup of spinach, when you saute it with some coconut oil, not only is it going to help the absorption of the other vitamins and minerals within the spinach, but it's also going to shrink it down so it's practically nothing.
- Squashes are great, because again, they're super low-glycemic. They don't affect your blood sugar that much. They're super high in fiber, so they're going to help lubricate the digestive system and get everything moving, but most of all, they're super high in potassium. An acorn squash, to be specific, is going to be one of the best potassium-rich squashes that you can eat.
- Avocados. You watch a lot of my videos, you know I'm a huge advocate of a high-fat diet, simply because so much of our hormone function requires a high level of good fats. Avocado is one of the best healthy fats that you can get, but one half of an avocado also contains about twenty five percent of your daily value of potassium.
- Potassium supplement, which I don't necessarily think is bad — we all need potassium, we all need magnesium, we all need these minerals because they keep us in balance. You want to look for potassium chloride
The quote came from the video description which contains a lot more good details.
The featured image came from pixabay.com.