If You Love Pecan Pie You’ll Love These Bars
Do you want to make one of the ultimate desserts of all time? Then you need to take a closer look at these keto chocolate pecan pie bars.
If you prefer – you can leave out the chocolate and have a straight pecan pie bar.
In this recipe Carolyn came up with a great caramel sauce without using the standard corn syrup that is use for traditional pecan pie. By creating a caramel sauce with Swerve and using that in place of the corn syrup, you get a rich deep flavor and a gooier texture that is a lot like the real thing.
Here is a quick video on how these bars are made.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
Pecan Pie Filling
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Scatter the butter pieces over top and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of a 9×9 inch pan and bake 12 minutes or until the edges are just turning golden.
Pecan Pie Filling:
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the powdered sweetener and Yacon syrup and whisk until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and cream. Add the eggs and salt and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Scatter the pecans and chopped chocolate over the crust and pour the filling overtop. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the filling is mostly set (if you want them gooey, make sure the middle still has a little jiggle to it when the pan is shaken).
- Remove and let cool at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
For more on this recipe head on over to Carolyn’s blog post.
The featured image was captured from the video.