Low Carb Cloud Bread – Make As A Loaf Or Rolls
This cloud bead is one of the lowest carb breads you will make.
You can bake this recipe in a loaf pan or on a cookie sheet to get rolls. The rolls are great for burgers or sandwiches. The loaf can be used for toast or a grilled cheese.
When making the rolls and not as a loaf, the cooking time will only be 20- 30 minutes.
LOW CARB CLOUD BREAD LOAFPrep Time 15 minutesCook Time 50 minutesTotal Time 1 hour 5 minutesServings 12Calories 84 kcal
- 6 eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 6 ounces 170g sour cream
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 1.8oz (50g)whey protein powder(I used Jay Robb's vanilla)
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees F.
- Place your egg whites in a stand mixer with the cream of tartar and whip until stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Fold in a small amount of egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Pour this into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the middle shelf of oven for 50- 60 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer stick in the center comes out clean. (See notes above if you are making rolls, cooking time changes.)
- Allow to cool before removing and slicing.
- Best if toasted.
- Keep refrigerated.
The feature image was captured from the source article.
For more great bread ideas check out the source blog.