Low Carb Donut Keto Recipe
Don’t these low carb donuts look scrumptious?
Would you believe they are almond flour keto donuts (paleo, gluten free). As you’ll see they are easy to make using common ingredients.
The sugar on the outside isn’t sugar it’s erythritol, an alternative sweetener.
Now don’t you wish you could get these donuts at the donut shop or at the office.
If you prefer a grazed donut mix the sweetener with coconut cream and pour that over the donuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a donut pan well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut cavities, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until golden. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the erythritol and cinnamon for the coating.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board. Brush both sides of one donut with butter, then press/roll in the sweetener/cinnamon mixture to coat. Repeat with the remaining donuts.