AKA FAT BOMB SOUP
I'll bet you haven't thought about a fat bomb soup before. A perfect soup for a Keto diet. With this soup you get a lot of good fats in a very delicious way.
Just 4 natural ingredients and a few minuets is all you need to be enjoying this wonderful soup.
Here is one tip for making this soup. After adding the avocado and sour cream do not allow the soup to boil. The reason is the ingredients may separate and that's not going to look very good.
When you look at the macro list, you'll discover a lot of fats – so you can really call this a fat bomb soup. Who would have thought that a soup could be a fat bomb. Great for you Keto diet.
With all of its velvety texture, piquant taste, and healthy fats, it’s a real winner!
- 3 cups = 710 ml chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 cup = 240 ml full-fat sour cream
- 1/2-1 teaspoon (or to taste) chipotle
- unrefined sea salt OR Himalayan salt, to taste
- Halve the avocados. Remove the pits and discard them. Place the flesh into a blender.
- Blend the avocado until smooth. Add some stock to help the blending process, if necessary.
- In a large saucepan, bring the rest of the stock to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Add the avocado mash, sour cream, and chipotle. Mix well with a spoon until smooth. If there are lumps, use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend the soup until very smooth.
- Heat again until hot, but don't let it boil (this is very important! If the mixture boils, it might separate).
- Season with salt if desired.
- Divide the soup into soup bowls.
- Serve with lemon or lime wedges and chopped fresh herbs (like parsley or cilantro) if desired.
For a keto paleo or keto vegan lifestyle, you can omit the sour cream and use 1 cup (240 ml) coconut cream (as thick as you can find, but without food additives) and 2-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from organic lemons. Naturally, for a keto vegan version, you should use vegetable broth instead of chicken stock.
To make the soup even heartier, top each serving with cooked shrimp, feta cheese, or cooked and cubed chicken right before serving.
The featured image came from the source article.
Go to the original article for the great back story on this recipe. There are also a lot more images and instructions.