Fights The Flue, Common Cold, Excess Mucus And Sinus Infection
If a cold or flue gets you down this is a good recipe to use. There is a good chance that this soup can boost your immune system and relieve many of your symptoms.
The main active ingredients in this soup are ginger and garlic. Some call them super foods.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- regulate high blood pressure,
- fight allergies,
- diminish plaque from the arteries,
- regulate blood sugar levels,
- expel parasites,
- reduce inflammation,
- help prevent weight gain,
- treat sore throat,
- and soothe upper respiratory tract infections
Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has been used for centuries to cure colds, fevers, digestive issues, and other conditions. It is also a potent anti-inflammatory, and effective in soothing arthritis. Many studies have proven its effectiveness in treating nausea and vomiting as well. Many studies proved ginger to have antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal properties, which are helpful when curing cold and flu symptoms. (2)
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 50g of grated root ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock (or vegetable stock for vegans)
- 1 finely diced medium-hot chili pepper
- Place the onions, garlic, and ginger in a large pot and gently saute on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock or broth and bring the soup to the boil.
- Gently simmer until all the ingredients are softened.
- Add the chopped chili pepper and simmer for 5 minutes before serving
Check out some variation to this recipe in the source article.
Featured image was captured from the source article.