Don't Rush To Use Drugs To Solve An ADHD Problem
Here is a podcast I found over at wellness moma that is very informative about this very important topic. Don't believe what the schools tell you about ADD and ADHD and your child.
Dr. Nicole Beurkens is a unique combination of psychologist, nutritionist, and special education teacher and mother of four. Her credentials include a doctorate in clinical psychology, a master’s degree in special education and nutrition, and is a board-certified nutrition specialist.
Have a listen! You'll discover answers to questions that many parents have.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the combination of factors increasing ADD, ADHD, autism, anxiety, and learning and behavior problems in children
- why developmental issues are higher in some areas than others
- why medication is just a band-aid (and what to do instead)
- the five main areas parents can address to help with behavior problems
- the scary truth about psychiatric medication in children
- how to use nutrition to help with behavior problems
- the interesting research that shows 25-40% of kids diagnosed with ADHD actually have a sleep issue
- movement — what kids need and why (hint: brain development depends on it)
- what the parent-child relationship and peer relationships have to do with ADHD and related disorders
- ways to improve thinking, resilience, and problem-solving skills in children
- the big foods to avoid for any child with a behavioral challenge
- the surprising way that water intake is tied to behavior issues
- how zinc can help kids learn to love new foods
- the benefits of outdoor time for kids and why this needs to be a priority
Learn more at the source blog.
Feature image from the source blog.