Classic Blueberry Scones Are Also Gluten Free
Carolyne has come up with this classic blueberry scone recipe. Best of all this low carb gluten free scone has the texture and taste of the scones our mothers would have made. These are the best sugar free scones you will ever make.
Most of the ingredients you probably have on hand already. Just remember to get those blueberries and cream next time you are at the grocery store.
They are definitely simple to make as you'll see from the very short video below.
Classic blueberry scones go low carb and gluten-free. They have the perfect dry crumbly scone consistency. The best sugar-free scones you'll ever make!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, whipping cream and vanilla, and mix until the dough begins to come together. Add the blueberries and carefully work into the dough.
- Gather the dough together and turn out onto the prepared baking sheet. Pat into a rough rectangle about 10 by 8 inches.
- Use a sharp large knife to cut into 6 squares. Then cut each of those squares diagonally into two triangles. Gently lift the scones and distribute them around the pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool.
This recipe has a great back story and more images. Go to Carolyne's blog article.
The featured image was captured from the source article.