If You Understand Ketosis You Will Loose Weight Quickly
In the video below Dr. Berg is going to go into some detail about what ketosis is. The quick definition is – Ketosis is a state in which your body burns ketones as fuel instead of glucose as fuel. The only good way to do this is to reduce your carbohydrate intake way down to under 50 grams per day. On a keto diet the goal is often even lower. Down to 20 grams of carbs a day. When you can consistently get carb intake down that low you will loose weight and they say you will notice belly fat disappear first. Now wouldn't that be great.
If you avoid consuming glucose for 10 to 12 hours, then your body will start to produce ketones. What are ketones? Basically ketones are the byproduct of fat burning.
How do you know if you are burning fat? You can get some test strips to test you urine and these stips will change color depending how far into ketosis you are. This makes it real handy for keto dieters to know what is going on in their bodies and if they have to make corrections to what they are eating.
The advantages of running on ketones.
- You have much more stable blood sugar levels
- Your brain is going to be clearer, sharper memory
- You protein – muscle mass is protected – may even gain muscle mass.
- Ligaments, tendons, collegian, will he healthier
- The ultimate measurement of success is to monitor your waist measurement (weight may be adding to your muscles at the same time you are burning fat)
- You will loose a lot of excess fluid
Watch Dr. Berg as he explains more.
Featured image was captured from the video.
Leave a Reply