Here Are 4 Ways To Use Mozzarella Dough
You are going to fall in love with these 4 mozzarella dough uses. You’ve just gotta try it as garlic bread, pizza crust, bagels and pizza scrolls. Some call mozzarella dough flat head dough. Either way it will be a hit with your family.
Just what is mozzarella dough
Basically it is simple low-carb bread dough made with mozzarella, cream cheese, an egg and almond flour (or coconut flour).
This keto friendly low-carb bread dough is grain free and wheat free.
Once you try this dough there will be no going back.
Watch the video and check out the recipe below.
Prep Time 10 minutesCook Time 20 minutesTotal Time 30 minutesServingswhole dough recipeCalories 1174 kcal
- 1 3/4 cups pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
- 3/4 cups almond meal/flour *see recipe notes below
- 2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
- 1 egg medium
- pinch salt to taste
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, and any other flavorings, mix gently.
Use the basic mozzarella dough in a variety of ways detailed below.
Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough Pizza – the Holy Grail
- Place the low-carb dough in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough – Bagels
- Add 1 tsp of baking powder to the dough mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mozzarella dough into 6 equal sizes. Roll into balls then into cylinder shapes as shown in the video.
- Fold the ends of the cylinder shapes in a circle and squeeze the two ends together to form a bagel shape.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds.Bake at 220C/425F for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serving suggestions – cream cheese, avocado, smoked salmon, bacon bits
Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough – Garlic Bread
Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough – Pizza Scrolls