Low Carb Spicy Mushrooms
Give your mushrooms a little zing. These spicy mushrooms are a perfect treat to go along with any meal.
Low carb and gluten free, this “shake and bake” style breaded mushrooms use no grains in the recipe. The crumbs you see in the coating are ground up sunflower seeds. The mixed in spices make this treat so insanely delicious.
You can serve them as snacks, appetizers or as a side dish for your main meal. Don’t hesitate on trying this recipe they really are that good.
Check out the video below to see how easy they are to make.
Oven Baked Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 carton mushrooms, 6 to 8 ounce, small to medium sized mushrooms
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ raw sunflower seeds, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese *optional, omit if dairy free
- 1 xl egg, beaten
- ½ tbsp butter, melted * omit if dairy free
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 medium to large (1 quart) zippered bag
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and use the avocado or olive oil to cover the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Rinse and dry mushrooms. Set aside
- In a Magic bullet type blender or processor, grind and pulse raw shelled sunflower seeds until a powdered texture.
- In the zippered storage bag add: sunflower seed powder, almond flour, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, parsley, and optional parmesan. Close bag and shake around to mix. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the xl egg or 2 regular size eggs. Add optional melted butter and mix into the egg mixture.
- Dip a mushroom into the egg mixture and place it into the zippered bag with the almond flour mixture. Close bag and shake until covered in the breading. Remove mushroom and place on the oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat with each mushroom.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, turning mushroom over with tongs halfway through. Then turn the broiler on low for 1 to 2 minutes to get the coating more crisp. Check at one minute to see if browning. * careful not to burn. Remove, cool only slightly and serve warm.
Featured image was captured from the video.
For more on this great recipe head on over to beauty and the foodie.