Looking for Something Interesting To Try?
Lena has just the thing for you.
I love these cheesy flatbread recipes. This flatbread is loaded with mozzarella of course and in addition has cream cheese.
The original recipe is made with Crescent dough. I have included the instructions for a great low carb dough at the end as well.
Ingredients For The Topping
8 oz. cream cheese, softened1/2 c. finely chopped artichoke hearts1/2 c. finely chopped spinach2 c. shredded mozzarella1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan2 garlic cloves, minced1/2 tsp. red pepper flakeskosher saltFreshly ground black pepper1 egg, beaten1 tbsp. Chopped parsley, for garnish
The original recipe uses Crescent dough for the base – one can rolled out on your cookie sheet.
The topping is added then bake it in the oven at 350°F for about 30 min. Now you can garnish the top with some more parmesan and parsley. Ready to slice and serve.
Ingredients for the bread dough (Low Carb )
Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough Pizza – the Holy Grail
- Place the low-carb dough in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
For more on this versatile Low-Carb Mozzarella Dough go to this previous blog post – watch the video and see 3 other great uses for this dough.
Featured image was captured from the video.