A Nice Keto Alternative To Traditional Carb And Sugar Cinnamon Rolls
Low carb keto cinnamon rolls and just wait till you get the cream cheese topping on top — Yum.
This is one great treat that you can incorporate into your keto diet. If you haven’t started your keto diet yet or need to know all about the keto diet – click the ad to the right and I’ll send you a free book (just pay the shipping) that will tell you why the keto diet is one of the most popular diets today. You’ll discover all the benefits and how to get started.
There is no yeast involved in making these rolls and no waiting for the dough to rise. They are made from a cheese based dough and they don’t even taste that cheesy when they are done. They taste delicious.
So lets get started. Watch the video first and the ingredients and instructions are down below.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Prep Time — 10 min.
Cook Time — 15 min. at 350°F
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Stevia or Swerve
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¼ stick butter (melted)
- Sprinkle of Stevia or Swerve (for the inside of the dough)
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Frosting Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon powdered swerve
- Combine the Mozzarella Cheese and cream in a microwave-safe bowl and cook it on high for about 1 minute. (you can melt these ingredients over the stove top on low if you prefer)
- After all the cheese has melted, carefully stir the ingredients (Almond Flour, Baking Powder, and egg) until all is well combined and smooth. This will cool down the dough a bit too.
- Dump the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and begin to knead the dough until the egg is fully mixed in. The dough will be really sticky until you knead it together. You can sprinkle a little bit of almond flour on the dough to roll it out and prevent sticking too.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough in a large rectangle shape.
- Melt the ⅛ stick of butter and spread it over the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and Stevia sweetener on to the dough.
- Roll up the dough as seen in the photos.
- Use a piece of string to cut the dough into 15 different cinnamon rolls.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom or your pan to line it before baking.
- Place the rolls in a baking pan.
- Set the over to 350 degrees and bake them for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking in the oven, you can begin to mix up the frosting.
- Combine the heavy cream, cream cheese and powdered sweetener into a bowl and mix it with a mixer on high speed until the ingredients is nice and smooth.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 5 or 10 minutes before applying the cream cheese frosting.
Check out the original article there are lots of images, a great story and more information.
The images were captured from the original article.