Low Carb Cream Cheese Brownies
Yummy Inspirations has this delicious chocolate cheesecake brownie recipe.
Some Recipe Notes
- Coconut flour can be a really tricky ingredient to cook with because it needs time to absorb moisture from the other mre liquid ingredients. One way to get around this problem is to add it into the mixture a tablespoon at a time, that gives it time to absorb the liquid and mix properly with the rest of the brownie batter.
- If the batter consistency isn't right you can make ajustments. If the mixture is still too wet add coconut flour a table spoon at a time. If you find it too dry then add an extra egg.
- The recipe calls for Stevia as a ssweetener but you can substitute your favorite sweetener if you like.
- If you want your brownies even more chocolatey why not ice them with a low carb chocolate icing.
- 100g/3.5 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 100g/3.5 ounces 90% Dark Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 200g/7 ounces Cream Cheese, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease an oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat.
- When the butter and chocolate have melted, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, stevia, vanilla and salt.
- When smooth whisk in the chocolate until well combined.
- Gently stir through the coconut flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- Place half of the brownie batter into the prepared oven dish.
- Top with the chopped cream cheese and finally spread over the other half of the brownie batter.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven, cool and serve.
For more on this recipe go to this article
The featured image came from the article
Sweeten them up with this low carb keto frosting.