Low Carb With Plenty Of Bacon And Cheese
Here is an easy casserole dish you can serve for family and friends. They will love this keto friendly cheesy, bacon hamburger casserole.
Casseroles are an easy to make inexpensive dinner.
One trick is to cook a batch of bacon ahead of time so it is on hand so this casserole becomes a quick meal to make.
You can do variations on this recipe by leaving the bacon out or adding in you favorite vegetables.
You'll find the low carb hamburger casserole recipe is very flexible.
Prep Time 20 minutesCook Time 35 minutesTotal Time 45 minutesServings12peopleCalories 587 kcal
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves large garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 eggs see note
- 1 can tomato paste 6 ounces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese divided
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion powder.
- Drain excess grease, then spread beef on bottom of 9×13-inch casserole pan.
- Stir bacon pieces into cooked beef.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, tomato paste, heavy cream, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Stir 8 ounces grated cheese into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over beef and bacon.
- Top with remaining 4 ounces of grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
I found this recipe on lowcarbyum.com.