This Low Carb Cake Will Make Them Smile
Need an almost instant cake for a special occasion? This tasty cup cake may be the answer you are looking for. This recipe from LowCarbYum.com is simple and easy to make.
Keto, low carb and gluten free this cake cooks in the microwave in about 2 minutes.
In the video Lisa will show you how it is done.
Each Cake Layer:
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons Natvia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in small round microwavable cup that will be used to bake cake. You can use a ramkin or 2-cup Pyrex storage container.
- With fork, stir almond milk, egg, sweetener and vanilla extract into melted coconut oil.
- Beat dry ingredients into liquid ingredients with fork until well combined.
- Microwave from 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until cake is no longer wet. It took 2 minutes to bake in my 900 watt microwave.
- Remove cake layer from pan and cool on rack.
- Repeat steps for each cake layer.
- Frost with icing if desired.
Check out this white frosting recipe.
If you need a keto chocolate frosting recipe, here is one of my favorites.
There is a lot more about this recipe back on Lisa's blog
The featured image came from the source article.
Leave a Reply