Tasty Sugar Free Cookies
Here is a great low carb cookie recipe that you can press into any shape for a special holiday treat. In fact these sugar free, gluten free could become a holiday tradition around your house.
Using cream cheese in this recipe is a great way to keep the cookies from crumbling. This cookie dough is interesting in that you can roll it in a roll and slice it into round cookies or you can roll it out flat and cut any cookie shapes you want. You can cook them on an unlined cookie sheet and the won't stick an the bottoms come out nice and crispy.
There are also other variations you can make. A sprinkle of alternative sugar grains on top. A keto cream cheese frosting could be added. Or you could change the flavor by substituting you favorite instead of vanilla. How about orange or lemon extract?
This is a fun recipe, see how easy they are to make.
Cream Cheese Cookies – Gluten Free
Lisa says you get 75 cookies and they take 10 minutes of prep time, 12 minutes to bake at 350°F. Here is here recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Sukrin:1 or other sugar substitute
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract see note
- Cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Add in the egg.
Stir in the the flours, then mix in the vanilla.
- Chill dough for at least 4 hours .
- Squeeze dough out of cookie press or roll out into a cookie log and slice.
- Bake at 350F until cookies begin to brown (about 8-10 minutes for pressed cookie or 10-12 minutes for slices). Cook longer for crisper cookies.
For more on this yummy recipe, nutrients list and many images take a look at Lisa's blog post.
The featured image was captured from the original blog post.
Leave a Reply