From Simple Ingredients You Probably Have On Hand
These may be the best low carb bagles you have tasted. Made from simple ingredients – mozzarella cheese,cream cheese and almond flour.
One of the big things low carb dieters miss is an easy way to get all the different kinds of bread type foods. Bagles for beakfast or for sandwiches might be one of those big things you miss. Well NO MORE.
You get them hot out of the oven in 17 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- everything bagel seasoning, to taste
- cream cheese, optional topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Stir together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. Let the mixture cool just until you can handle touching it (for me that's about 1 minute).
- Add the flour mixture and two eggs to the melted cheese mixture. Quickly knead with your hands until a dough forms. The dough will be very sticky and it will take a few minutes for the dough to form, but just keep kneading, it will come together as the cheese cools. Watch the video posted above for extra tips and to see what the dough looks like. (If the dough becomes hard before fully mixed, or is too difficult to mix, you can microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften it.)
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Form a long log with each piece, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over the bagels and gently press into the dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the bagels are firm and golden.
- Serve fresh out of the oven, sliced in half and smeared with cream cheese. You can store leftovers (they are best fresh) in an airtight container on the counter. To reheat, lightly toast in toaster.
For 1 bagel: 5 NET CARBS 377 calories, 29.8g fat, 8g total carbs, 3g fiber, 20.8g protein
Discover more about thi recipe here in this article
The featured image came from the article.
Leave a Reply