Answering Your Questions On The Keto Diet
The word ketosis is coming up a lot these days in dieting conversations. Nowadays there is even a lot of talk in medical and athletic settings. In the video below our panel of experts tackles explaining the ketogenic diet.
Still, there's no escaping that the ketogenic approach goes against everything many of us were taught constitutes “healthy” nutrition. Forget “low fat”; now it's making up 75 percent of your calories! Afraid of sodium? Sorry, extra amounts are pretty much required, especially during the first few weeks. Even among low-carb diets, the ketogenic dieting stands out for its demand of a switch of mindset from “avoid carbs” to simply “get enough fat,” says EAS Myoplex Athlete and ketogenic diet adherent Jason Wittrock.
If you've found yourself curious about the immense claims for health, performance, and mental clarity that the keto-crowd make, then this forum is for you. Set aside an hour, get out the pork rinds, and listen to two experts explain in the ins and outs of nutritional ketosis for athletes!
Here are our experts
Steve Hertzler, PhD, RD
- Phd, Human Nutrition, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Chief Science Officer, EAS Sports Nutrition
- Registered dietitian, author on multiple peer-reviewed research articles and book chapters
- Member of the EAS Academy Advisory Panel
- Former faculty member at The Ohio State University, Division of Medical Dietetics
- Personal Trainer
- EAS Myoplex Athlete
- Team Bodybuilidng.com spokesmodel
- Ketogenic diet adherent
There is a table o contents for this video in the original blog post.
The featured image came from pixabay.com
Leave a Reply