Keto Coconut Flatbread Made 3 Ways
Do you like Indian dishes? It is fairly easy to adapt Indian recipes to the keto diet except for on big void – low carb roti, naan or paratha, that normally accompanies a curry. Indian flatbreads are much like tortillas, but made out of whole wheat flour. These are great for mopping up curries and gravies and, to be honest, most of us Indians would be lost without it. Eating just curry is pretty much unheard of in India! So this flatbread recipe has come to the rescue.
There are some tricks of the trade so to speak involved with this recipe.
Don't try to sub almond flour for the coconut flour; it won't work.
Psyllium husk is essential to the recipe. Ground flax seed won't work the same way, so it's not a good substitute.
The water has to be warm when added to the flour. Cold water will make for a crumbly dough.
If you find the naan breaking when you try to flip it, let it cook for some more time before you attempt again.
OK let's get started.
So here is a low carb tortilla (flatbread) recipe that is perfect for naan, paratha or uttapam or even a tortilla. This recipe is for 4 naans, has 5 minutes of prep time, takes 10 minutes to cook and and has a wait time in the middle of the prep of another 10 minutes.
- 50 Grams Coconut Flour I use this
- 8 Grams Psyillium Husk I use this
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil/Ghee for frying
- Salt to Taste
- Heat the water for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add the warm water.
- Form a dough and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts.
- Roll out one part of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Add a bit of butter or ghee to the pan and slap the flatbread on.
- Wait for one side to cook completely before flipping. Fry on both sides till golden brown.
For more o this great recipe check out the source article
The featured image was captured from the video.
Leave a Reply