And Of Course Low Carb Keto Friendly
This low carb keto chicken recipe is sort of like a frying pan casserole dish. The chicken is cooked ahead of time in a slow cooker so you can pull the meat apart and have shredded chicken for this recipe.
You can customize the spices and add other veggies if desired. Cheddar cheese works good but again there are other cheeses you could use to get that taste you love.
Here is a short video to go with the instructions below.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast 3 small breasts
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 pack ranch seasoning mix
- 4 oz cream cheese softened.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup Broccoli (or a 10.8oz steam bag)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup cheeseFor the Topping
- 2 cups cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
I cooked my chicken first in a slow cooker on high for 3.5 hrs with a little chicken broth and salt/pepper.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In an oven-safe skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter.
Next, add ranch seasoning, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, 1/4 cup crumbled bacon, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Use a whisk to combine ingredients and cook on low for 5 minutes.
If using a steam bag of broccoli follow directions on the bag to steam. Otherwise, steam fresh broccoli in microwave until it reaches desired tenderness while the ranch mixture is simmering.
Add shredded chicken and cooked broccoli to ranch mixture and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle 2 cups cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled bacon on top.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes then move to top rack.
- Cook on broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and bacon is browned.
Now Wasn’t that easy and tasty too!
For you keto newbie’s to keto, I’ve got a special book for you today. Bill’s book “Body Reboot” Is FREE today (+ shipping) . Get it and you’ll discover a system for loosing weight and maintaining a healthy body through the foods you eat. It’s the system I’m using and it works – I feel fantastic.
Featured image was captured from the video.
For more on this great recipe, nutrient list and back story see Kasey’s blog article.