Low Carb Ice Cream Bars To Satisfy That Ice Cream Craving
It doesn’t get any better than this. Sugar free Ice Cream Bars. One of Lisa’s favorite recipes.
The one Item you’ll need for this recipe is a popsicle mold and they come in various shapes and sizes.
One of the secrets for this recipe is to really fluff up the ice cream base to get a great texture to your ice cream. Lisa also likes to double dip her bars in the chocolate. If you are also a chocolate fan, freeze the first chocolate layer before dipping the bar a second time.
I’ll bet you can think of other flavors to add instead of peanut butter, Flavors that would really give these ice cream bars some zing. See how easy they are to make.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars
These tasty bars take 10 minutes of prep time then 3 hours to cook in the freezer. Lisa’s recipe below makes 10 bars.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened salted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener or other low carb sweetener
Chocolate Magic Shell
- 2/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Whip heavy cream with mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add remaining ingredients.
- Continue beating until stiffer peaks form.
- Pour mixture into molds. Add popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Melt Magic Shell ingredients. Dip frozen ice cream into melted chocolate. Let set.
- Store in airtight container in the freezer. Store leftover chocolate in refrigerator.
The featured image was captured from the original blog post.
Fore more on this recipe, lots more images and a great story head on over to Lisa’s blog.
Here is another low carb ice cream recipe.