So Much Goodness Packed In Such A Small Package
In the first video Dr. Berg talks about the nutrients found in chia seeds.
1. Contains essential fatty acids
2. Omega 3
3. 5x more calcium than milk
4. High amounts of fiber
5. B2, B1 and B3
6. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, which increase ionized calcium
7. High in protein (1 ounce contains 4.7g)
One of the theme in the video centers around the benefits of the essential fatty acids found in the seeds. So many of us are deficient in these essential fatty acids and that causes many problems for us. These include.
ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID DEFICIENCIES:
1. Effect energy level
2. Effect endurance
3. Effect blood sugars
4. Can increase hot flashes post menopausal
5. Effect your skin, making it rough, peeling and flaky
6. Effect strength of nails
7. Cause Charley horses
8. Increase bad effects from sun
9. Herpes outbreak
Now you can see why these tiny little seeds are truly a gift from the Gods.
The next video agrees that these seeds are great, but like all foods you have to know how to use them or they can create some problems. For example these seed swell up many times their dry size when soaked or when you eat them dry. Watch the video and see what these complications are.
The featured image came from pixabay.com.
The quote came from the first video description.